Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Systems Administrator in Norfolk, Virginia
Full Time / Part-Time
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR III (C80-18-0534-F):
Bowhead is seeking a candidate to serve as a Systems Administrator III for a large Navy support contract. Under close supervision, The System Administrator will be able to perform server maintenance including but not limited to software installations, software
updates, etc. Also, Server optimization for performance. Provides technical guidance for hardware and software upgrades including proposals for data migration methods. Assist with Active Directory OU permissions, account modifications and groups. Work will
be performed in Norfolk, Virginia
• Assists in maintaining system security and data integrity.
• Monitors use of resources, backs up files as required and responds to management requests for information.
• Under specific direction, monitors and supports computer processing. Coordinates input, output and file media.
• Distributes output and controls computer operation which may be mainframe, mini, or client/server based.
• Aids users in accessing and using business systems.
• Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Performs daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
• Performs regular file archival and purge as necessary.
• Establishes and maintains user accounts, assigning file permissions and establishing password and account policies.
• Installs, upgrades, configures, tests, maintains and supports operating system software in a production environment.
• Participates in reviewing performance logs and monitors system performance.
• Troubleshoots and resolves basic level system hardware, software and communications problems and aids in performing configurations and adjustments to enhance database file capacity; performs automated and manual backup and restore processes.
• Installs, configures and tests software packages.
• Must meet IAT (Information Assurance Technical) Level II certification criteria specified in DoD 8570.01M
• Security + CE Required
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
^ Cut/Paste this Link to Apply: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=20171
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41