Bryant & Stratton 2018- PT Child Care Teacher in Virginia Beach, Virginia
The VA Beach campus of Bryant & Stratton College is seeking a part-time Childcare Teacher for our Children's Center. The qualified applicant must be available for day and/or evening shifts. A background check is required for this position.
The primary function of the Child Care Teacher is to assist in the planning and executing of an educational program of age appropriate activities for children enrolled in the Children's Center. The selected candidate will serve as an integral member of the Children's Center team.
- Assure the welfare, health, and safety of the children.
- Create a learning environment.
- Organize and maintain classroom activity areas, materials and supplies, and keep the Children's Center Coordinator advised of equipment and materials that need to be repaired or replaced.
- Maintain constant supervision of the children.
- Take daily attendance and keep all required reports pertaining to the children attending the Children's Center.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with parents.
- Build good communication with other associates to create a professional atmosphere.
- Attend in-service training as required.
- Keep the Children's Center Coordinator informed of any classroom concerns.
- Understand child-minding center requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, written and oral, with a diverse group of students and peers.
Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and great time management are essential skills for this position. This person will be required to perform well under pressure and must be able to take direction.
Bryant & Stratton College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted: February 1, 2018